Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Monday, November 25, 2013

Believe Window Pane Christmas Card



Happy Monday y'all!!  Hope you've survived your Monday.  Thank goodness for a short week!!  And I had off today and I have off Friday!!  So 2 day work week for me!!

Here is the first of 3 different Christmas cards I am making this year.  I made a sample of each a couple of weekends ago and then made 3 additional ones of this version today during my day off from work.  It actually went quite quickly today since I already worked out all the kinks with the sample.  This is my first attempt at card making, and I'm fairly pleased with the results.  It was also my first time experimenting with stamping and die cutting.

The "Believe in the magic" and Santa stamps are from  Waltzing Mouse Stamps.

The window pane is a Sizzix die from Tim Holtz that I cut using my Fiskars Fuse and adapter plate set.

The santa is stamped with VersaMark (watermark ink) and then finished with heat and stick powder (mine was a glittery one), both from  Stampin' Up.

These shapes were cut using Spellbinders Labels 14 die set.

I matted a piece of Holiday scrapbook paper to a card for the background and then applied the cut out designs on top.  I then embellished the window sill with some holly berry stickers.

Inside I also matted another piece of Holiday scrapbook paper for the background.

I stamped this sentiment onto a tag cut out using my Fiskars Fuse tag die.

Here is design #2.

And the inside of design #2.

Sentiment of design #2.

Design #3.

Inside of design #3.

Sentiment of design #3.

And design #4.

Inside of design #4.

Sentiment of design #4.

I hope you enjoyed these cards.  I will be posting the other 2 versions as well once they are finished.  I had so much fun making these and experimenting with some new crafting techniques.  Stay tuned for more Christmas crafts.  Hopefully I'll get some recipes posted again soon!!

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment