Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, November 24, 2013

2x4 Chalkboard Christmas Countdown Sign



Here is my first Christmas craft project.  Yes I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet…but I just had to post this.  I made 4 other signs as well, but forgot to photograph them before I gifted to my mom, niece, and nephew at our early Thanksgiving celebration yesterday.  It sure was nice to see my family this weekend!!  I hate that I live 6 hours away.

I started with a 1ft piece of 2x4.  Then I painted it green and applied a brown wash to distress it.

I pained a small area in the corner with chalkboard paint for the countdown.  Then wrote "countdown to Christmas" with a paint pen.

I covered the back with scrapbook paper and sealed it with Modge Podge.

I added a clothespin covered with scrapbook paper to hold a Wish List or photograph.

I added a tree for embellishment.

I also added a stocking on the front for embellishment.

I think this turned out so cute!!


I had so much fun making these signs for my family.  I will probably make a few more and see if anyone wants to buy one.  Here is where I got my idea from.  It's such a simple, but creative idea.

I hope you enjoyed my first Christmas craft.  There will be more to come!!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving this week!!  And isn't it crazy that there's only 31 days until Christmas!!!  So much to do!!

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment