Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Philadelphia International Flower Show 2013



So I attended the Philadelphia flower show yesterday morning.  It's been probably 6 years or so since I went.  It's never disappoints in terms of creativity of flower/landscape displays, and this year was no exception.  This years theme was British inspired and called "Brilliant!".  The only downside is the crowds that are always present.  Sometimes makes it difficult to get close to the displays are to take good photographs.  But for me it was definitely worth the price of admission and train ride into the city from the suburbs.

Replication of the gates at the royal palace.

Interesting water feature made from musical instruments.

Stunning orchids.

Display was called "London Fog" and used many umbrellas in interesting ways.

One of my favorite flowers!

One of the clematis blooms in the clematis in small spaces display.

I just thought this was interesting.

Spring is right around the corner...and tulips always make me think of spring!

This gorgeous cross and orchid display reminds me of St. Patricks Day, which is next week.

I wish I had a greenhouse like this, and a patio like this.

Big Ben clock.  Every hour there would be a light/sound display on it.

Hope you enjoyed some of the pictures I took at the flower show.  They definitely don't do the displays justice.  Stay tuned for some more Longwood Gardens photographs and a recipe coming up in the next few days. 

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment