Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Late Winter Day at Longwood Gardens



Last weekend the temperature was in the 60s and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon at Longwood Gardens.  When I went for the Orchid Festival a couple of weeks ago, I didn't walk around outside too much since the weather was cool and windy.  So I decided to enjoy a nice late winter walk around the gardens. Even in winter there are interesting photographs to take.  I skipped the Conservatory this time around since I was just there a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed yet.


The "knees" of this tree are important to anchor it in it's swampy environment.
And it made for an interesting photograph.

Late winter trees overlooking the large lake.

I thought this trees trunk looked interesting.

A little unexpected pop of color!  A purple crocus!

Pathway along the main fountain garden

Interesting architecture in the main fountain garden.  
You can really see all the detail without the water.

Late winter witch hazel blooming.

I hope you enjoyed my latest photographs.  Right now I'm working on a couple of tulle wreaths I'm making for an online auction my sister is hosting to raise funds for their 3rd adoption, a little boy from South Korea (who is actually the half brother of a little girl they already adopted from South Korea).  I'll post pictures once they're finished along with the info about the auction once I find it out.  

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment