Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Healthified Impossibly Easy Chicken 'n Broccoli Pie Recipe



I made this recipe last weekend and really liked it.  It's incredibly easy to make, and this recipe is the "Healthified" version.

I love how the melted cheese on top gives it a golden brown appearance.

Just look at that chicken, broccoli, and cheese!!

The combination of egg substitute and baking mix gives it a "pie like" texture.

Great use of the broccoli I froze from my CSA last summer!!

Delicious!!

Click Here for the actual recipe from Live Better America.

Prep Time 10 minutes   Total Time 45 minutes   Servings 6

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli (I used some that I froze last summer from my CSA)
  • 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken breast (I used Tyson frozen diced pre-cooked chicken)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (I omitted this as I don't care for onion)
  • 1/2 cup Bisquick Heart Smart®mix
  • 1 cup fat-free milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 eggs or 1/3 cup fat-free egg product (I used Egg Beaters®)


Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9" glass pie plate with cooking spray. Layer broccoli, 1/2 cup of the cheese, chicken, and onion in the pie plate.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper, and eggs with a whisk or fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.
  3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes our clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 3 to 4 additional minutes or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
I hope that you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did. I can't wait to make it again. Easy and quick enough for a quick week day meal after work. Great way to trick your kids into eating something green by making it "fun".

Keep your eyes out for a Raspberry Sweet Roll recipe I also made last weekend along with another spring tulle wreath for my sister's Adoption Fundraiser Auction.

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment