Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 4th Fireworks



Finally getting around to posting some of my fireworks photographs from my trip home earlier this month.  On July 3rd every year there is a concert and fireworks celebration at a local college.  The concert every year is put on by the River City Brass Band.  They always do a wonderful job.  The location is the same every year at Westminster College.  This was my first time experimenting taking photographs of fireworks, and I'm very pleased.  I of course used a tripod.  I alternated with some taken using the self timer in manual mode and some taken using bulb mode.  I wish I had a remote shutter release, but managed to get decent photos without one.  It's definitely on my wish list though!!  I researched online about specific settings for fireworks.  I hope you enjoy!!















I hope you enjoyed these photographs!!  I'm going to Disney World in September for a conference and am looking forward to photographing the fireworks displays that they have.  So this was some good practice.  I learned some good lessons and can't wait to get back at it again.  

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment