Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wooden Easter Eggs #1



So I saw this idea on Pinterest earlier this winter and asked my dad if he would be able to cut the wood, and he said he would be able to.  So in February I found a template for an Easter egg online that we modified so the bottom would be flat.  He cut them out and sanded them for me.  Then it was up to me to turn them into Easter eggs.

I decided to decorate both sides materials to, that way I could change it up as I wished.
I painted the edge green and covered each side with scrapbook paper and sealed it with modge podge.
I decorated each side with Easter embellishments.
I though this Easter basket and eggs were cute, and I already had them  from a previous project. 
This side I decided to use foam letters to write "eggs" with.
I love the dragonfly embellishments that I had laying around that I was looking for the perfect project to use them in.
I think the ribbon and bows is the perfect way to finish off this egg.

I made one other egg that I will post later.  Also finished up 2 Easter chicks made from the same wooden egg form.  I will post on those later as well.  I also made 2 cards that I'll post later as well.  I can't believe how time is flying.  Easter will be here in a few short weeks.  So much to do, and it seems like so little time to get it all done.  Hopefully the snow here on the East Coast is done until next winter!!  I can't wait for warm spring days when I can open the windows and air out my house!!

I have also opened up an Etsy Store where I can sell my handmade crafts.  Please stop by and visit and share with your friends.  I also have a Facebook page as well.  Please visit, "like" the page, and share with your friends.

Until next time...







No comments :

Post a Comment