Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Stampin' Up! Owl Punch Cards



So I've decided that I think I want to dive into card making and open up an Etsy shop to sell them.  I purchased the Stampin' Up! owl punch this week because I've seen so many cute ideas on Pinterest using this punch.  So today I decided to whip up my first 2 cards.  I think that they turned out pretty cute.  I can't wait to make more!!

I've also been addicted to Ebay as well this week.  I purchased some embossing folders and Stampin' Up! stamp sets from there this week that I used with these cards.

I used a Kraft paper card base and used a wood grain embossing folder and dark brown paper to make it look like a tree trunk.  I decorated it with navy blue ribbon.

I used the largest Spellbinders Labels 14 die to cut out light blue paper.  I then stamped it using Versamark Ink with the Sick? Feel Better Soon stamp from Stampin' Up! Word Play.  I used the Stampin' Up! owl punch to make the nurse and the tree branch is from the Stampin' Up! bird punch.

I really liked the way that the front of the card turned out!!

Inside I stamped Get Well Soon from the Stampin' Up! Tag It set on paper cut out with a label punch.

I also stamped the Sick? Feel Better Soon on the envelope as well.

I again used a Kraft paper card base for this card.  I then embossed pink paper using a clouds embossing folder.  I decorated the bottom with a pastel striped ribbon.

I traced and cut a a circle from light pink paper.  I distressed the edges of the circle and inked the edges with pink ink.  I then punched the owls again using the Stampin' Up! owl punch.  The tree branches are again from the Stampin' Up! bird punch.  The small pink heart is also from the owl punch.

This would make a cute Valentine's Day card, Anniversary card, or just an I Love You card!!

Inside I stamped Guess Who Loves You from Stampin' Up! Owl Together Now stamp set on paper cut out again with the Spellbinder's Labels 14 die set.

I stamped a border of hearts using a stamp that again came with the Stampin' Up! Owl Together Now on the envelope.

And a few more hearts on the back of the envelope as well.

I can't wait to make more cards.  I have so many more ideas I want to try out.  I really enjoyed making these 2 cards today.  Hopefully more to come so I can open up my Etsy shop and start selling them!!  Hopefully someone out there wants to buy them!  Hope you enjoyed these 2 cards today.  Also have some Easter 2x4 projects coming up as well that I'll share when I finish.

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment