Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, March 16, 2014

2x4 Leprechaun Hat Craft Project



Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  I finished this 2x4 leprechaun hat just in time!!  I've been so busy lately working on a bunch of cards (will post them later) and some crafts for Easter, that I almost forgot to finish this craft.

I painted the wood pieces green.  I couldn't find any green scrapbook paper I liked, so I made my own.  I used a plain green paper and used a round stamp dauber to stamp VersaMark ink all over.  This gives it some texture without being too busy.  I distressed the edges of the paper before I glued them on.

I sealed the paper with Modge Podge an then glued the wood pieces together.

I wrapped the middle piece with black ribbon.

Finally I cut out a shamrock from green felt, distressed the edges, and glued it on.

I hope you enjoyed this craft.  Happy St. Patty's Day everyone.  More cards and Easter crafts to come soon!!

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment