Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Valley Forge Park



Memorial Day weekend my parents came to visit and one of the things I planned was a trip to Valley Forge Park since they had never been.  Of course it was windy and C-O-L-D for a Memorial Day weekend on Saturday when we went (it did decide to clear up and warm up in time for our bar-b-que on Memorial Day!!).  But we had fun nonetheless.  It was a fitting time to go since it was Memorial Day weekend and my dad is a veteran.  I hope you enjoy these photographs I took.


"I pledge allegiance to the flag..."

Under the arch.


Train coming outside of Washington's Headquarters

Row of cannons.  My are things different nowadays!!

Washington's Chapel

Stained glass at the chapel.

More stained glass at the chapel.


Gorgeous inside of the chapel.


One last photo of the chapel.
My parents enjoyed the history of the park and I enjoyed taking some cool photographs.  I was there last fall, and it was gorgeous with the backdrop of leaves changing color!!  I hope you enjoyed the photos.  Until next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment