Recipes*Crafts*Photographs

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Taming the Tech Stuff Workshop



So a couple of years ago I took 2 photography classes from Dazzle Photography that were advertised on Groupon.  I took these classes about 9 months after I bought my DSLR camera.  I learned a lot from them and was able to start manually setting my own camera settings and stop using the pre-programmed settings.  I attended an anniversary party for Dazzle Photography's new studio earlier this spring.  At this party he advertised some new classes he was offering and gave the attendees an awesome discount for these classes.  So I decided to take a leap of faith and sign up for a couple of the classes.  The first one was yesterday.  It is his Part 3 class which was called Taming the Tech Stuff.  It took place at Rockwood Mansion and Park in Wilmington, DE.  The first 2 classes were in a classroom, but this was an on location class with an awesome model we were able to shoot.  I went into this class a little nervous about whether everyone else would have better cameras and lenses and know more than I did, but soon realized that we were all on the same page!!  Dan helped us apply all the tech stuff we learned in the previous classes to real life shooting situations.  So now that we have "Tamed the Tech Stuff" we can just have fun being creative with compositions, lighting,…  I'm so glad that I went and had an awesome time!!  Here are a few of the photographs I shot yesterday at the workshop.

Not quite as in focus as I would like, but still an awesome photograph.

Again not quite in focus, but I still like it.

Nailed it!!!!!!!

Learned how to take silhouette photographs.

AWESOME!!

So I'm signed up for 1 more class coming up in a few weeks.  I'm really excited for what else I can learn!!  Can't wait to post some (hopefully) awesome pictures from that workshop.  So stayed tuned!! 

Until next time...

No comments :

Post a Comment